Friday, April 30, 2010

We have a store!

Well, it took a fair amount of work, but the store is finally up!

So for now it's mostly clothes. You can find over 150 items in our store. Not bad, eh? There's a pretty good mix in there, too. Boys and girls clothes, of varying sizes and types, along with some accessories. Of course I want to you check it out... but let's not be hasty. I've got some things I want to get off my chest.

First, eCrater, while not *bad* isn't great. I have some serious issues with how they treat new members. There isn't nearly enough hand-holding, especially when it comes to tricky pieces like shipping costs. I'm still not completely convinced that it's right. And the way they have bulk uploads but not bulk deletes seems optimistic at best.

Second, it can be a bit tedious to keep track of hundreds of items. You need a plan for how to do this. As a proud member of the geek community you'd think I would be good at this. Well, not quite. I picked lousy tools. Once I have a bit more time I'll get to build a better system (and maybe even share it with others too!) which is both flexible and useful.

Enough with the "lessons learned" section. Back to your regular programming.

Thanks to Mrs. Hawkesnest we now have a Twitter! Come follow @PrettyNTrippE for updates and interesting tidbits that happen along the way. Or maybe ranting about how awesome our kids are. Yeah, that's pretty likely.

Don't forget to check out the store. More items are coming soon, so keep checking back!

-DaddyHawkesnest

No comments:

Post a Comment